When Eating Gluten Free: Be aware of Certain Medical Conditions And Meal Ideas
Undoubtedly, you’ve seen or heard many health experts espousing the virtues of eating gluten free. Do you really have the smallestidea what gluten is? Most women of a certain age (and shall we say a little older) are set in their ways and are resistant to change, there are some habits that we find hard to change.
Gluten is found in wheat, and you probablygrew up surrounded by wheat products in your home, probably bread and pastries, maybe flour and snacks, and guess what, you grew up fit and healthly ok? Maybe it could have been even better, you just don’t know.
Every year the is more research and evidence that removing Gluton from our diets gives us massive health benefits and more and more people are beginning to adopt a Gluten free lifestyle.
To embrace this eating gluten free way of living, is going to take you making some changes to the way you cook, you’ll be dealing with new and interesting ingredients. Coming up later in the article we have some fantastic Gluten free recipe ideas that are really easy to create. Firstly though, lets check out some of the dangers of Gluten in our diets.
This is a grim sickness happens when your immune system responds to gluten as if it was a foreign body. What occurs is a breakdown in the lining of the intestinal system, and you start producing bloody stools, with poor absorption and you end up in excruciating pain.
This is again related to the immune system developing a response to gluten and causing inflammation of surrounding organs. This can affect the individual to serious neurological conditions like epilepsy.
Again, related to sensitizing autoimmunesystem. The result is damage to the cells of the skin and inflammatory rashes
The pattern developing is that most of the effects of gluten are related to having a sensitive immune reaction to its consumption. Though initially thought of as rare to encounter this sensitivity, it is now known that more than over thirty percent of all people are gluten insensitive.
Removing gluten from the diet could benefit everyone, because gluten is not considered to be an essential source protein.
Now then, are you ready to make seriously tasty gluten free meals? Try these out as soon as you can!
Almond Flour Pancakes
These pancakes are the go to substitute for wheaten pancakes, when your eating gluten free, as they are extremely filling and completely gluten free. They are also low in carbs, perfect for losing weight of if following a low carb lifestyle. Best of all? It takes just 20 minutes to complete!
You will need the following ingredients, so be sure to pick them up when going shopping:
• One cup of almond flour
• One- quarter of a cup water
• 2 eggs
• One tablespoon of maple syrup
• One teaspoon oil
• A sprinkle of salt
Keep in mind this recipe makes 4 pancakes, so be sure to adjust upwards if you need more.
1. Mix all ingredients except oil, and whisk until fluffy and smooth.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat, then drop a large spoon of batter into the pan.
3. Let cook on each side for 3-5 minutes, being sure to flip once one side is browned.
4. Repeat for other pancakes, then enjoy!
Satisfying Egg And Cheese Breakfast Quiche
Quiches have been, and will always remain a classic. This one is unique, however, as it does not require any flour at all. It is a high protein, high fat breakfast choice and is extremely filling.
To make you’ll need:
• 6 bacon strips finely chopped (turkey or pork, your choice)
• 4 eggs
• 5 ounces Swiss cheese
• 3 ounces parmesan cheese
• One cup half and half cream
• Half of a cup chopped onions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix dry ingredients and pour into muffin pans or 9-inch pie dish.
3. Mix eggs and cream, then pour over the dry ingredients in the pan of your choice.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F and bake for another 35 minutes.
5. Enjoy for breakfast, snack, or whenever you desire this delicious quiche!
Avocado Chicken Salad
When your eating gluten free you need a filling, healthy lunch option that is quick to make and delicious to boot. Not all fats are bad for you, as evidenced by the benefits avocado has on health.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
• 8 ounces chicken breast
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• One teaspoon smoked paprika
• Half diced avocado
• One chopped medium tomato
• Half small chopped red onion
• One teaspoon chopped parsley
• Rub one tablespoon of oliveoil over the chicken breast and grill over medium heat until lightly browned.
• Mix remaining ingredients, then chop chicken breast or strip and mix into salad.
• Refrigerate for short period of time or consume immediately.
This is a great recipe when running late for lunch, as it takes just 20 minutes from start to finish!
Goat Cheese And Turkey Patties
Incorporating the unique flavor of goat cheese and the leanness of ground turkey, it makes a perfect complement to sweet potatoes or on a bed of veggies. Perfect for dinner.
• One and a half pounds ground turkey breast
• Two tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
• One cup chopped spinach
1. Preheat oven griddle, or grill to medium heat.
2. Combine ingredients into 4 patties (serving is 4 patties) and compact
3. Place on grill or griddle for 15 minutes until golden brown
You can find gluten free meal ideas everywhere you look. The few outlines here are merely the tip of the iceberg for eating gluten free. You can modify recipes you always make, by educating yourself as to what foods have gluten and excluding them.
We think your body will thank you and we wish you good luck with your new eating gluten free lifestyle!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.